Tuesday, January 23, 2007

snow fort

We had our first real snowfall Sat night. The kids loved it. In fact two days earlier Kate and her friend were excited about this snowfall where they had to go to the gutter to get enough snow to shovel, imagine their excitement two days later! When Ray was a kid they piled up the snow around their trampoline creating a snow fort. They even created little areas to hold candles inside the fort around the edge. Seems like he has many fond memories of making snow forts. So this was our kids first. We had to pile the snow up but it was well worth it, Kate thought it was so neat. I don't have a final picture since Jack and I went in to make cookies while they stayed out to finish and made it even bigger. It's still standing 2 days later and I'm sure we'll be out every day until it melts. Ray hollowing it out. Jack would only peer inside. Notice Jack is wearing pink gloves. They were the only ones I could find and now he is attached to them, carrying them around with his snow pants banging on the door to go back outside - funny kid!

1 comment:

Shannon Sundberg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.