Thursday, August 09, 2007

Jack's 2!

We celebrated Jack's birthday this week. We spent the morning at the pool - it is new and improved, water slides, fountains etc. The kids loved it. I think Alix (our niece) said she went down the slide 35 times, we'll have to go back soon. We went with a train theme for his party and Jack didn't dissapoint with his excitement. He loved the cake and we heard enough Choo Choo's to make me happy. We gave out train whistles and Grandpa took them for a train ride pulled behind the tractor. It was fun to celebrate with cousins. We had a rousing game of Duck Duck Goose, Jack couldn't be happier thinking someone is always chasing him, he ran around the circle laughing the whole time wether he was being chased or not. Ray couldn't resist the fun and had to hop in!!! (:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots!!!! That cake is impressive! Looks like he had an awesome day!!!

Sean said...

What a cool train cake. Spencer was actually just asking me if he could have a train birthday. How did you do it?

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks like such a fun party--a little boy's dream! Your cake looked fabulous as well.

kp said...

Looks like a great party! That cake was amazing. Did you get it from familyfun.com? We're having a "princess" party on sept. 1st. for our big girl's 3rd. birthday. Wish you guys were here.

Krissy said...

The cake did come from the Family Fun magazine. I thought someone might recognize it. It was so simple. I just used mini bread pans. Cut the 5th one in half and used that for the front of the train. Then just copied the picture with oreo and gummy lifesavers for wheels and black licorice for tracks. Used an ice cream cone with marshmallows for smoke. If you do a train b-day for Spencer check your Target for train whilstles. I got them in their dollar section. They also had little trains and tracks and conductor hats.

Lorin said...

What an awesome birthday, a train cake, train rides and Buzz Lightyear. I still remember when I got my first Buzz Lightyear...
;)

Rochelle said...

How fun! That train cake is super awesome. I'll have to remember that one for next year. I love birthdays! Lincoln's is today actually! We're missing you guys...we have a ward temple trip in a few weeks... ;)

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! Cute cake and pics!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!! We're sad that we couldn't be there for it! Krissy, cute cake. Such a good idea! :0) Thanks for posting the pics!!